Keep going with your speech if you're not yet ready but if you are:
Practise reading your speech aloud to yourself. When you are ready, perform this to your family.
- Use eye contact as you read so take time to look up at your audience
- Speak slowly and carefully but make sure the pace is comfortable
- Put on your best voice to make your words clear as you speak
- Think about the volume of your voice. Also does your voice go up and down, especially if you ask questions? This is called inflections.
- Have you organised your topic so it is easy to follow?