Home Page

NURSTEED Community Primary School

‘Together We Achieve More’


If you'd like your child to go to Nursteed School the best thing is to get in touch with us.  We're keen to show people round and talk through how you can apply for a place.

Wiltshire Council's admissions team is responsible for the allocation of school places at Nursteed Community Primary School.

Entry in the Reception Year

Children usually start school in the September following their fourth birthday.  They can start full-time from the beginning.  If your child's birthday is late in the school year, and you think it would help, we'll gladly consider part-time attendance for a while.
Application forms and a great deal of helpful advice can be found on the Wiltshire Council web site.

Entry in Other Year Groups

If you want to gain a school place for an older child you will need to obtain a transfer form.  You can get one from us, from your child's existing school (if he/she is currently in a Wiltshire School) or from the school admissions team's web pages.  The completed form should be returned to Wiltshire Council.  Please tell both us and your child's existing school that you are considering a move. (We will make contact with your child's existing school as a matter of course.)

There is more information about transferring schools on the Wiltshire Council website.

Admissions Limit

The school has a planned admissions limit of 30 for each year group.

To View the School

Choosing a school for your child is a big decision.  Please do talk to us and visit to see the school in action.  You can come to our Open Morning in the autumn term or you can make an appointment to look round.  Or you can do both, if you like.  Please contact the school office to make an appointment.

Further Details

If you would like more information please talk to us or visit the Wiltshire Council website where there is a great deal of helpful advice.

You can email the admissions team or 'phone then on  01225 713010.