LI: Retrieve information from the story
You have three tasks:
- Read Chapter 2 of ‘Mary Anning and the Time Twister’. (Either log in to Purple Mash to read as a 2Do or see PDF of chapter below)
- Answer the multiple choice questions. You can find all the answers in the first chapter you have read. (Either log in to Purple Mash to answer these questions which are set as a 2Do or view/print the questions below)
- Sequence the events from the chapter in order. You can view or print this task below.
LI: Write an information text
Today we will continue writing our first draft of our own version of ‘The Truth about Trolls’ in the style of an information text.
Please watch my lesson on the 2 videos below and then use your planner, your worksheet from last week about what trolls eat using add-on adverbs and your copy of the original text (another copy below) to write the following paragraphs:
Today we will begin by writing the following:
- Where do trolls live?
- What do trolls eat?
Yesterday you completed a recap lesson on Pictograms, based on content you may have missed during Year 2 due to lockdown. Today I would like you to continue your work on pictograms using the worksheets below. There is no new video lesson for today but if you would like a recap you could have another look at yesterday’s.
Try to do these on ClassDojo if you can so you can complete them on screen and save to your portfolio. You can also find them here, though. Remember, if it is very tricky you can do just the first worksheet but challenge yourself as much as you can!
There will be no live TEAMS lesson today, as I am working in school. However, today is ‘Safer Internet Day’ and as we are relying on using the Internet so much at the moment, I would like you to have a go at these activities.
PSHE ‘Safer Internet Day’
LI: Explore reliability in the online world
Today is Safer Internet Day 2021 and the theme this year is ‘An internet we trust: exploring reliability in the online world.
Although the resources I have chosen for you says it is aimed at ages 3-7, I feel it is a really good activity for us to complete.
- Read the story ‘Detective Digiduck’ on this link:
- Write an ‘email’ to Wise Owl saying what the story has taught them. This could be from you or from Digiduck. You can write this by hand using the template below or on a piece of paper or you could type it and upload a pic on Dojo.
Times Tables practise
LI: Practise rapid recall of multiplication and division facts
Just select the sheet below for the times tables you are working on and have a practise. If you and your parents/ teacher think you're ready to move on as we go forward then please do - you'll be able to amaze me with your progress after lockdown!